Hajisa’s son a farmer who will be on Keshmoon Platform.
Qaen, Southern Khorasan, Iran – Nov. 2016 harvesting season
This website is prepared as an introduction to Keshmoon*. To check our Minimum Viable Product please visit www.keshmoon.com
Keshmoon is a marketplace of the most special and expensive spice in the world; saffron. It connects sustainable farmers, highly concentrated in northeast of Iran, with premium and socially conscious consumers. Through this platform, consumers are enabled to interact and deal directly with farmers and assured to receive fresh and authentic saffron. On the other side, sustainable farmers get direct access to consumers and will be able to increase their profit share in the saffron business. Keshmoon will invest a portion of the additional profit in an Environmental Fund to focus on water conservation initiatives in northeast of Iran.
Keshmoon is a place for people from different sides of the world to break bread together, discover more about each other and walk the path of peace side by side…**
A healthy and dynamic agricultural sector is an important foundation of rural development, generating strong linkages to other economic sectors. Sustainable rural development is vital to the economic, social and environmental viability of our world. This startup aims to:
- Contribute to global food security and we strongly believe we are contributing to world peace too.
- Contribute to sustainable rural development through expanding market access, providing business advisory services, alternative financing and therefore rural poverty reduction and raising income.
- Narrow rural-urban disparities and encourage the retention of skilled people, including youth, in rural areas
- Address the vulnerabilities of saffron smallholder farmers to climate change and water crisis
* This platform changed it’s name from Good Saffron to Keshmoon on Dec. 8, 2016.
** This concept is derived from the comments from Mark Hall, a saffron lover and an early adopter of Keshmoon.